Launching a startup is very exciting but marketing it is a challenging task. There is stiff competition in promoting startups online. For any startup, digital marketing is essential to get success. This is because digital marketing can help get wide marketplace. This also helps to achieve goals. Startups can understand how people are responding, what are the strategies of competitors and this data can be used to improve the brand presence of the company online.
Why Startups Need Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is cost-effective. Startups might have the very low budget for marketing. Digital marketing gives a better and cost-effective marketing opportunity and gives good results also.
Better cost per lead can be got with these marketing channels. Another advantage of digital marketing for startups is that it helps track conversions to measure the effectiveness of their marketing campaign.
The higher the conversion rates are, the higher the revenue is. Studies proved that with digital marketing companies can have better growth expectancy and there are also better chances to expand their business.
Digital marketing allows target marketing, and this is useful to increase customer satisfaction, customer retention, and marketing efficiency. Brand reputation can be built, and this provides good ROI for the marketing investments.
Digital Marketing Tips for Startups
Digital marketing for startups is a big deal. It can be considered the most affordable marketing tool. This type of marketing is effective for promoting, easy for operating. Here are few tips for handling digital marketing for startup promotion.
- Different channels of digital marketing are available, and it is necessary to know the potential customers to define a marketing strategy for the startup. This might sometimes require the service of a professional marketing agency that will do online research and create a strategy suited for the startup.
- A website is needed to create an online presence for the startup. Having accounts on social sites such as Twitter, Facebook is also needed.
- Sustainability depends on how good the search engine optimization SEO is. The website must be mobile friendly, the pages must not load very slowly, and everything on the home page of the website must be working fine. Ensure to use proper tags, descriptions, and headlines.
- Make sure to build the voice or the brand. Post regularly on Facebook, Twitter, and other social sites.
- Do not simply focus on promoting the product and increase the sales. Keep the audience captive by providing them with information that is of some value to them. Informative content mixed with promoted content is much more attractive.
- It is essential to connect with the audience online. Give the opportunity for them to interact with you. Answer their queries and clear their doubts. This adds to the credibility of the startup.
- There are many online platforms to promote startups. Find the best one that is valuable to the startup.
- Have a content marketing plan. Create content that conveys the message. Ensure that the messages are clear and make people stop and take notice.
- When using social media for marketing ensure that the content is not always business-centric. Engaging the audience is important. Running contests, holding Q & A sessions or asking for suggestions are some of the ways to engage the audience.
- Track the interaction of the audience. When startups get a sense of how the digital marketing strategies are working, they can adjust and make changes as required so that the performance of the campaign is maximized.
Online Marketing Tools for Startups
Launching a startup is easy and making it successful is a challenge. There are very few that survive. It is not luck that makes the startups into ubiquitous brands but a lot of hard work, grit is also required. Digital marketing is essential for startups that have a limited number of resources. Here are few must have digital marketing tools for digital marketing that startups can use to implement, monitor and evaluate their online campaigns.
Google Tools is free to use and the Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google Adwords Keywords Planner that help track visitor data and to know which keywords are to be targeted.
MailChimp is a tool that helps in email marketing. Emails help engage the potential customers and prospects.
Hubspot is a lead capture tool. It also offers feature such as creating campaign landing pages, managing lead communication and increase traffic and conversions.
Marketo is a marketing automation tool that allows building marketing strategies. Though Hubspot and Marketo are considered competitors, startups can choose any of these based on their requirement. Marketo is considered more for B2B marketing.
Optimizely is one of the best tools for optimizing campaigns. It helps conduct A/B testing.
Buffer is a tool to get help for streamlining social media strategy of the brand. This can be used for scheduling and publishing content on various social media sites.
This tool helps to make a note of your projects, to-do lists and instant ideas by prioritizing. You can manage the big projects and personal by using Evernote. It is more affordable for the startups that fulfil all requirements.
The startup brands can expand their brand with Canvas creative designs. It ultimately brings the striking appearance through creative designs that make the normal designer to a professional. Along with the content, you can engage the audience with ultimate posts of social media. Brochures, logos, blog graphics, presentations, and letterheads, etc.
It generates the relevant and required content for the user. When the user search for the keyword then the trending and related posts are displayed.
With this tool, the users can fetch the most popular and required list of keywords that are relevant to your content. It is most useful in SEO. It is merely the combination of both keyword tool and Google Adwords Estimator Tool.
Startups can only survive stiff competition only if they include digital marketing in their marketing strategies. This is a way to reach out to a targeted audience. Effective strategies and techniques not only attract more traffic targeted traffic that helps achieve the goals. Targeting right kind of potential customers delivers right kind of results. Time and effort are needed to make the digital marketing success. Be dedicated and committed to achieve goals in no time.